Subtle changes in your hearing can be difficult to notice because of how slowly hearing loss typically advances. Unlike children, who get routine hearing tests in school, adults hardly ever even think of scheduling an appointment. You wouldn’t ignore a decline in your vision, so why wouldn’t you keep an eye on your hearing health?
It’s important to have routine hearing exams, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Everyday situations can expose potential hearing problems. Do you frequently need people to repeat what they said? Do you have a difficult time hearing in loud environments? Are you continually turning the volume on your TV up? It’s time for you to get your hearing tested if you replied yes to most of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association advises hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: It’s even more worthwhile to call us for an appointment if hearing loss runs in your family.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing assessments provide a reference point for future hearing examination comparisons, allowing you to track changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Regular hearing exams can discover issues early on, like earwax buildup or noise-related hearing loss, allowing for quick treatment and preventing additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can in some cases signal root medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. Treating these conditions may improve your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the extensive consequences of untreated hearing loss. Staying alert to important sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully participate in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can enhance your overall quality of life.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, your grandchildren’s laughter, or an important work meeting.
Protect your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by scheduling a hearing exam with us right away.